Book Locator Service
In 2010, a software engineer for Google estimated that there are nearly 130 million books in the world today. If you’re interested, you can read about how he came up with that number here.
Since we can’t fit 130 million books on our store shelves, there may be times when we don’t have a copy of something that you’re trying to find. Faced with this situation, many independent bookstores will politely apologize and then suggest another title. At eQuip Books, we refuse to give up that easily, believing that a great bookstore should provide great service as well as great products. It’s for this reason that we offer our Book Locator Service.
Here’s how it works:
- You tell us what you’re trying to find, what you’re willing to pay, and how quickly you need it.
- We do a quick and comprehensive search of a wide range of suppliers.
- You decide which of the available products best suits your needs.
- You pay a deposit, which is applied to the total cost of your order.
- When the item arrives, we let you know.
- You pick up your order at your convenience.
Depending on how rare the item is that you’re trying to find, we can often have it delivered to our store within a few business days.
While many retail stores charge considerable service fees for such expertise and convenience, we are happy to provide our expertise at minimal expense to you. Since we have lots of experience and industry contacts, we can often find what you’re looking for at a very reasonable cost. So, even after adding in a small service fee, the total price of your order is usually less than what you would pay anywhere else.
Whether you’re looking for a hard to find novel, a classic, an old recording, or 50 copies of the same product, our Book Locator Service has been created just for you. Stop in or give us a call today, and see just how easy it can be to find exactly what you need. You’ll be glad you did.